After being confined in the colder months, you and your pet are ready to go out and enjoy the mild spring weather. As we near the warmer months this year, Alexander Animal Hospital wants to ensure that you and your furry friend are prepared to enjoy it. Continue reading to learn about the following pet safety tips to avoid unexpected trips to our team.
Fun Spring Activities
The spring season provides warmer temperatures and longer daylight hours to do the following outdoor activities with your pet:
- A walk around your neighborhood
- A trip to the local trail or dog park
- Puppy picnic date
- Completing spring cleaning with your pet
- Playing a game of fetch or hiding the toy in your backyard
- Supervised time on a leash or harness on the back porch for your kitty
- Spontaneously driving around the block with the windows down if your pet enjoys doing this
A little sunshine never fails to complete everyone’s heart with a smile after a long winter.
Spring Pet Safety Tips
Additionally, it’s essential to remember that pet safety is paramount while enjoying the warm weather. Don’t allow seasonal pet hazards to ruin your good moments with your pet. Check out our favorite spring pet safety tips:
- Ensure that your pet is up-to-date on parasite prevention medication and other transmissible diseases like rabies. Pet parasites are more active during Spring.
- Watch out for spring pet toxins such as gardening chemicals, rodenticides, and cleaning chemicals that might be used during spring cleaning. Also, be aware of chocolate, Easter lilies, and Easter grass during the Easter holiday.
- Be cautious of increasing run-ins with other wildlife critters like snakes and skunks. As the temperature rises, other animals want to enjoy the nice weather just like you and your pet.
- Avoid overheating by ensuring that your pet has plenty of fresh, clean water and access to the shade during your adventures.
With sunnier days on the horizon, we hope you and your pet can safely enjoy the season!
We Would Love the Opportunity to Care for Your Furry Friends!
Alexander Animal Hospital is a full-service animal hospital located in Severna Park, Maryland, serving the Severna Park, Pasadena, and Arnold Areas. Our goal is educating clients on the needs of their pets and understanding the importance of individualized veterinary care in order to strengthen the human-animal bond between owners and their pets.
We understand you have a choice when deciding on the care for your pets, and we strive to provide you with unparalleled services including wellness exams, vaccines, lost pet microchip ID, dental care, surgical services, digital radiography, and in-hospital laboratory services and diagnostics. Other highlights of Alexander Animal Hospital are the separate cat and dog waiting and exam rooms, as well as after-hours on-call emergency services.
Please take a look around our website and then give us a call at 410-777-8678 to set up an appointment.