The cost of almost everything is rising, and it has many Americans analyzing their budgets. Pet care can be a significant part of monthly spending and may have you wondering how much the average individual spends on their pets monthly. Alexander Animal Hospital wants to show you simple ways to treat your pet on a budget!
The Cost of Animal Ownership
Pets are not affordable to own, and responsible pet care is even more expensive. Consider the money and other things when looking for simple ways to treat your pet on a budget:
- Initial purchase/adoption fees
- Food and treats
- Pet supplies like collars, crates, litter, and toys
- Pet security deposits or licensing fees
- Puppy or kitty vaccinations
- Ongoing yearly wellness examinations and vaccines
- Spay or neuter
- Dental Care
- Grooming expenses
Things add up quickly, and it’s essential to be ready for all general costs of pet ownership, not just the up-front ones.
Pet Care Items You Should (Shouldn’t) Pinch Pennies
Most of us are searching for places to reduce our spending right now, and pet care is an easy place to make some modifications. To control your pet spending, try out these simple ways to treat your pet on a budget:
- Reexamine your pet’s diet. It’s not necessary to spend vast amounts of money to feed your pet well. Call our office at 410-777-8678 for quality pet nutrition recommendations!
- Reduce the fancy treats. Creating some lower-calorie substitutions, such as baby carrots or Cheerios, is both weight and budget friendly.
- Don’t skip preventive care like vaccinations, wellness checkups, and parasite prevention because they often cost more.
- Consider pet insurance as a way to save for unexpected pet expenses.
- Be aware of too-good-to-be-true deals. There is likely something amiss if your pet’s prescription medication or preventives are cheaper elsewhere.
We Would Love the Opportunity to Care for Your Furry Friends!
Alexander Animal Hospital is a full-service animal hospital located in Severna Park, Maryland, serving the Severna Park, Pasadena, and Arnold Areas. Our goal is educating clients on the needs of their pets and understanding the importance of individualized veterinary care in order to strengthen the human-animal bond between owners and their pets.
We understand you have a choice when deciding on the care for your pets, and we strive to provide you with unparalleled services including wellness exams, vaccines, lost pet microchip ID, dental care, surgical services, digital radiography, and in-hospital laboratory services and diagnostics. Other highlights of Alexander Animal Hospital are the separate cat and dog waiting and exam rooms, as well as after-hours on-call emergency services.
Please take a look around our website and then give us a call at 410-777-8678 to set up an appointment.
We’re social! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for all the latest updates!